FX Locks Rescue Me Season Five Debut on Tuesday, April 7 at 10 PM ET/PT

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly versionE-mail page to friendE-mail page to friendPDF versionPDF version
No votes yet

This just in from FX Networks…

Rescue Me, FX’s acclaimed series starring Denis Leary, will kick off its 22-episode fifth season on Tuesday, April 7th at 10 p.m. ET/PT, and today the network placed an order for an additional season from Sony Pictures Television, announced FX Networks President and General Manager John Landgraf.

In addition to the announcements for the fifth season start date and pick-up of a sixth season, Leary will launch “The Rescue Me Comedy Tour,” an 11-city live comedy tour featuring Leary, fellow comedians and Rescue Me co-stars Adam Ferrara and Lenny Clarke, and other stand-ups. The Rescue Me Comedy Tour is highlighted with a live show at Radio City Music Hall in New York on Thursday, April 2. This performance of The Rescue Me Comedy Tour will include a screening of the first episode of Rescue Me season five, and will benefit The Leary Firefighters Foundation. Premium VIP tickets and packages are available through the Foundation at learyfirefighters.org or 212-343-0240. For a full comedy tour schedule visit denisleary.com.

Rescue Me stars Denis Leary, Adam Ferrara, Michael Lombardi, Steven Pasquale, Andrea Roth, John Scurti, Daniel Sunjata and Callie Thorne. The series was created by Leary and Peter Tolan, who along with Jim Serpico serve as executive producers. The show is produced by Apostle, The Cloudland Company and DreamWorks Television in association with Sony Pictures Television.

The 22-episode fifth season will air on FX over 23 weeks, with the season finale scheduled to air Tuesday, September 8th.

“Rescue Me is one of the very best series on television and a tentpole program for FX,” said Landgraf. “We’re amazed by the quality of episodes for the upcoming fifth season, which are some of the best they’ve ever produced. I believe this show will continue to maintain a level of excellence for several years to come and we’re thrilled to pick it up for a sixth season.”

“Peter, Denis and Jim continue to produce inspired work and the sixth season renewal is a validation of their efforts,” said Zack Van Amburg, President, Programming, Sony Pictures Television. “We’ve been able to attract great talent for key guest arcs, such as Michael J. Fox and Maura Tierney. The show is as strong creatively now as it’s ever been,” added Jamie Erlicht, President, Programming, Sony Pictures Television.

Rescue Me revolves around the lives of the men in a New York City firehouse, the crew of 62 Truck. Examining the fraternal nature and relationships of firefighters, the series tackles the daily drama of the life-and-death situations associated with being a firefighter, while exploring the ways the men use dark humor to protect their true emotions.

User Login

Free Giveaway Mailing

TV, DVD, BLU-RAY & THEATER REVIEWS

• Manhunt

CHICAGO – Patrick McDonald of HollywoodChicago.com appears on “The Morning Mess” with Dan Baker on WBGR-FM (Monroe, Wisconsin) on March 21st, 2024, reviewing the new streaming series “Manhunt” – based on the bestseller by James L. Swanson – currently streaming on Apple TV+.

• Topdog/Underdog, Invictus Theatre

CHICAGO – When two brothers confront the sins of each other and it expands into a psychology of an entire race, it’s at a stage play found in Chicago’s Invictus Theatre Company production of “Topdog/Underdog,” now at their new home at the Windy City Playhouse through March 31st, 2024. Click TD/UD for tickets/info.

Advertisement

HollywoodChicago.com on Twitter

archive

HollywoodChicago.com Top Ten Discussions
referendum
tracker