EXCLUSIVE! HollywoodChicago.com talks to actor Matthew Goode about starring in next year's highly anticipated 'Watchmen'

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly versionE-mail page to friendE-mail page to friendPDF versionPDF version
No votes yet

One of the tent pole films in spring 2009 is the highly anticipated adaptation of the legendary 1980’s DC Comic book series, “Watchmen.” Actor Matthew Goode, who was in Chicago on July 10th to promote his current film “Brideshead Revisited,” plays Ozymandias in the upcoming film and shared some insight of the experience in an interview with HollywoodChicago.com.

“I was not aware of the popularity of the comic when I received the script,” he said. “I was was just blown away by the scope of the story and was intrigued by the character they wanted me to play.”

Watchmen  Matthew Goode  Ozymandias  Nite Owl  Dr. Manhattan

Goode further related where he was when the script and the audition came his way.

“I was on the set of ‘Brideshead,’ when I received the pages and actually found that the toilet was the quietest place where I could call back and read,” he recalled. “The producers wanted me for the role after seeing me in ‘The Lookout,’ but I had to read for them to make sure of the fit. It was a very surreal audition.”

The actor spent six months on the set, even though he was involved in only 40 days of shooting. He said there was some “green-screen” special effects work, but mostly it involve real time acting on mammoth sets.

I became aware that this story is the ‘Citizen Kane’ of graphic novels,” Goode said. “I think fans of the story will be very pleased with this adaptation.”

“Watchmen” is scheduled for U.S. release March 6, 2009. It stars Jeffery Dean Morgan, Malin Akerman, Patrick Wilson, Carla Gugino, Billy Crudup, Jackie Earle Haley, Matthew Goode and Matt Frewer.

User Login

Free Giveaway Mailing

TV, DVD, BLU-RAY & THEATER REVIEWS

• Manhunt

CHICAGO – Patrick McDonald of HollywoodChicago.com appears on “The Morning Mess” with Dan Baker on WBGR-FM (Monroe, Wisconsin) on March 21st, 2024, reviewing the new streaming series “Manhunt” – based on the bestseller by James L. Swanson – currently streaming on Apple TV+.

• Topdog/Underdog, Invictus Theatre

CHICAGO – When two brothers confront the sins of each other and it expands into a psychology of an entire race, it’s at a stage play found in Chicago’s Invictus Theatre Company production of “Topdog/Underdog,” now at their new home at the Windy City Playhouse through March 31st, 2024. Click TD/UD for tickets/info.

Advertisement

HollywoodChicago.com on Twitter

archive

HollywoodChicago.com Top Ten Discussions
referendum
tracker