Nice Free iPod, iPad converters of my collection

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly versionE-mail page to friendE-mail page to friendPDF versionPDF version
No votes yet

There are lots of people have iPad/iPod/ and other pupular portable players now. More and more want to watch their dvd/video on their portable media players anywhere and anytime.

But avi, flv, youtube format,etc can not be supported by portable devices. So I have collected and read relevant information and pick out a few of the tools listed below, you can choose according to need. In fact, I don’t mind paying if I have to, but I don’t want to put my money to the wrong program.

1. Videora, a free iPod touch video converter, enables you play your favourite videos on your iPod free ipod touch video converter videora screeshottouch for its ability to convert video files, YouTube videos, movies and DVD’s to the iPod touch compatible formats.

This iPod touch free software can convert all types of video files (avi, divx, xvid, flv, x264, vob, mpeg, DVD’s, YouTube, etc.). And it is both available for Windows and Mac.

Pros: Totally free; Add converted files to iTunes.
Cons: User-unfriendly; Loads of ads.

2. Cucusoft iPod touch Video Converter, a best all-in-one iPod touch video Conversion software solution. This suite include Cucusoft DVD to iPod touch Converter and Cucusoft iPod touch Video Converter.

With this iPod touch Video Converter Suite, you can transfer both DVD media and any video files to iPod touch Video(MPEG-4, H264) and iPod touch music MP3. You can transfer videos to iPod touch free and enjoy the DVDs and videos on your iPod touch for its fast conversion speed and perfect quality!

Pros: Professional; Easy to use; Fast conversion speed with perfect quality; Contains two software: Cucusoft DVD to iPod touch Converter and Cucusoft iPod touch Video Converter.
Cons: Need to pay for the full version.

3. Format Factory, a multifunctional media converter, is also a iPod touch converter free software. This iPod touch converter free enables you to convert video to most popular formats. These include WMV, AVI, MPG, MP3, WMA, AAC, JPG, PNG, GIF, and MP4 files which support iPod format.

Pros: Totally Free; Compatible with most portable devices.
Cons: Unfriendly users interface; Tries to create an eBay shortcut on installation.

After talking about free ipod touch video converter, let me say something about the iPad. To iPad, there seem to be a few ways to convert video for iPad. I would wait as programs are not currently using an iPad specific profile. Handbrake is a good program for converting ripped DVDs and an older version of Nero Recode would be the best for other files. The 640X480 videos they produce look decent on the iPad’s monitor but they could look better. That being said, they should update their program here pretty soon and add an iPad encoding profile. I have a bunch of 1080p HD videos that I would like to convert down to 720p for my iPad but I am holding out until handbrake has an iPad setting. By the way, the latest versions of Handbrake allow for saving custom profiles. It’s just a matter of figuring out what your best balance of size vs. quality is. I haven’t tried it now.

I’m not savy enough to know the ‘best’ way to convert existing .avi and .wmv files to a format that the Ipad likes. I am sure there are better. For all I found the free ipad converter, I would like to find a good app that does it all. I’ve been using the free ones since buying my iPad.

Do you go along with my opinion? What do you recommend?

User Login

Free Giveaway Mailing

TV, DVD, BLU-RAY & THEATER REVIEWS

• Manhunt

CHICAGO – Patrick McDonald of HollywoodChicago.com appears on “The Morning Mess” with Dan Baker on WBGR-FM (Monroe, Wisconsin) on March 21st, 2024, reviewing the new streaming series “Manhunt” – based on the bestseller by James L. Swanson – currently streaming on Apple TV+.

• Topdog/Underdog, Invictus Theatre

CHICAGO – When two brothers confront the sins of each other and it expands into a psychology of an entire race, it’s at a stage play found in Chicago’s Invictus Theatre Company production of “Topdog/Underdog,” now at their new home at the Windy City Playhouse through March 31st, 2024. Click TD/UD for tickets/info.

Advertisement

HollywoodChicago.com on Twitter

archive

HollywoodChicago.com Top Ten Discussions
referendum
tracker