CHICAGO – Let’s face it, life does suck. But what can we do about that? How do we survive? Lookingglass Theatre Company’s latest stage presentation tries to answer those thorny questions through a group of fellow travelers, flung together at a cabin retreat, trying to figure out why (indeed) “Life Sucks.”
CHICAGO – Well, that didn’t take long. Joining “The Playboy Club,” “Free Agents,” and “How to Be a Gentleman” in the hallowed halls of cancellation is ABC’s “Charlie’s Angels,” a show that never found an audience and watched the few who did sample it turn away in the week’s after its premiere. ABC followed their full-season orders for “Revenge” and “Suburgatory” yesterday with the announcement of the cancellation of “Charlie’s Angels” today.
CHICAGO – It feels like only yesterday that we were naming the most promising shows of 2011 (and would like to point out that our #1 was the first program given a full-season order for just one second).
CHICAGO – It has felt for a few years like everything CBS threw against the wall would stick. Sure, shows like “The Defenders” and “$#*! My Dad Says” got canceled but they weren’t bombs. Ladies and gentleman, we are happy to report that the new Kevin Dillon sitcom “How to Be a Gentleman” is an official bomb. With a household rating of only 5.5, the show dropped a remarkable 41% from its lead-in (“The Big Bang Theory”) and was even down 18% from the second episode of “$#*! My Dad Says” at this time last year. Thanks for ignoring this mess.
TV News: ‘Person of Interest,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Have Decent Premiere Ratings, ‘The Office’ MaintainsSubmitted by BrianTT on September 23, 2011 - 10:02am
CHICAGO – The overnights for the first new Thursday of the Fall 2011 season are in and there were no major surprises. Every network has something to be happy about and something to worry about, depending on who’s spinning the story. “The X Factor” maintained from its opening night numbers and “The Office” proved it may not need Steve Carell, while “Person of Interest” and “Charlie’s Angels” were well-sampled.
CHICAGO – Do you want the good news or the bad news, TV fans? The good news is that the upcoming crop of new Fall programs from the five major networks (totaling 27 new shows) is not as bad as last year’s incredibly-horrible debut slate. The bad news is that it’s still pretty bad. There is no “Lost,” no “Glee,” no “Modern Family,” no instant stand-outs of any kind.
CHICAGO – Fans of the 1987 film “Dirty Dancing” may need to dust off their dancing shoes and get ready to have the time of their life again. Kenny Ortega, the choreographer of the original “Dirty Dancing” as well as the director of the “High School Musical” films and the Michael Jackson documentary “This Is It,” has been in contact with Lionsgate about directing a remake of the Patrick Swayze/Jennifer Grey original.
CHICAGO – Brian Tallerico guests on Bill Moller’s show on WGN-Radio in Chicago on May 21, 2011 to discuss TV news including the announcements of all five of the network schedules with a focus on the shuffling at CBS, the aggressive new lineup at ABC, and the return of old TV stars like Sarah Michelle Gellar and Tim Allen.
CHICAGO – Brian Tallerico guests on Jimmy & Jen on 102.3 XLC in Chicago on May 19, 2011 for an interview about current television news including the announcements of the Fall shows, the departure of Lisa Edelstein from “House,’ the news of Ashton Kutcher’s casting on “Two and a Half Men,” and much more.
CHICAGO – NBC & FOX released their schedules already this week and there are a few interesting highlights, but ABC has released easily the most aggressive and ambitious new slate of programs, which will feature at least one new program five nights a week.
CHICAGO – In our inaugural edition of HollywoodChicago.com Hookup: Music, we have two pairs of tickets up for grabs to see legendary songwriter Chip Taylor perform in Chicago!