Slideshow: 18-Image Gallery For ‘The Spirit’ With Gabriel Macht, Samuel L. Jackson
CHICAGO – This 18-image slideshow contains official press images for “The Spirit,” which stars Gabriel Macht, Eva Mendea, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johannson, Sarah Paulson, Jamie King, Pax Vega, Stana Katic, and Louis Lombardi from director-writer Frank Miller. The film opens on Dec. 25, 2008.
“The Spirit” is based on the original comic series by Will Eisner, as adapted by the visionary creator of “Sin City” and “300”. The Spirit is Denny Colt, a murdered cop who has been reborn as the title superhero. He must keep the citizens of Central City safe from dangerous villains like The Octopus, played by Samuel L. Jackson. The blockbuster film is rated PG-13 and opens on Thursday, December 25th, 2008.
You can click “Next” and “Previous” to scan through this slideshow or jump directly to individual photos with the captioned links below. All photos credited to Lionsgate/Odd Lot Entertainment except where noted.
- Spirit01: Samuel L. Jackson as The Octopus in The Spirit.
- Spirit02: Scarlett Johansson as Silken Floss in The Spirit.
- Spirit03: Director-Writer Frank Miller on the set of his film The Spirit. Photo credit: Lewis Jacobs.
- Spirit04: Gabriel Macht stars as The Spirit in The Spirit, directed by Frank Miller.
- Spirit05: Eva Mendes stars as Sand Saref in The Spirit.
- Spirit06: Sarah Paulson as Ellen in The Spirit.
- Spirit07: Stana Katic as Morganstern in The Spirit.
- Spirit08: Jamie King as Lorelei in The Spirit.
- Spirit09: Paz Vega as Plaster of Paris in The Spirit.
- Spirit10: Louis Lombardi as Phobos in The Spirit.
- Spirit11: The Octopus (Samuel L. Jackson, center), Silken Floss (Scarlett Johansson, right) and Phobos (Louis Lombardi, rear) in The Spirit.
- Spirit12: Theatrical Key Art.
- Spirit13: Teaser Key Art - Ellen.
- Spirit14: Teaser Key Art - The Octopus.
- Spirit15: Teaser Key Art - The Spirit.
- Spirit16: Teaser Key Art - Lorelei.
- Spirit17: Teaser Key Art - Sand Saref.
- Spirit18: Teaser Key Art - Silken Floss.