CHICAGO – When faced with adversity, the best way around it is to somehow break into song. That is the feeling behind the Brown Paper Box Co.’s “Positively Present: An Uplifting Cabaret,” running April 7th and 8th at Mary’s Attic in Chicago’s Andersonville neighborhood. The event features company member Kristi Szczepanek as host, and presents song stylings by other company members, including Anna Schutz, plus some special guests. For details and ticket information, click here.
Slideshow: Maddie Ziegler’s New Book ‘The Maddie Diaries’ in Chicagoland
CHICAGO – Maddie Ziegler is a shooting star right now, included in Time Magazine’s “30 Most Influential Teens” in both 2015 and 2016. The dancer, model and actress first gained attention as a child on “Dance Moms” in 2011, and has ascended since then to social media and online fame, including her featured roles in five music videos by the pop artist Sia. She was in Naperville (Ill.) – in an appearance sponsored by Anderson’s Book Shop – to promote her book “The Maddie Diaries: A Memoir,’ which has become a New York Times Bestseller. And if that wasn’t enough, she will make her film debut this summer opposite Naomi Watts in “The Book of Henry.”
HollywoodChicago.com photographer Joe Arce was at Maddie Ziegler’s appearance on March 11th, 2017, where she met fans and autographed her book at the Naperville Marriott Hotel. Click “Next” and “Previous” to scan through the slideshow or jump directly to individual photos with the captioned links below. All photos © Joe Arce of Starstruck Foto for HollywoodChicago.com, except for Slide 6 (© Gallery Books).
- MADDIE1: Maddie Ziegler promotes ‘The Maddie Diaries’ for Anderson’s Book Shop.
- MADDIE2: The multi-faceted teen shows off a playful side.
- MADDIE3: Maddie Ziegler greeted fans and signed books in Naperville, Ill.
- MADDIE4: Maddie Ziegler will be in the upcoming summer film ‘The Book of Henry.’
- MADDIE5: The popular teen is taken by surprise with all her success.
- MADDIE6: ‘The Maddie Diaries: A Memoir,’ by Maddie Ziegler.