CHICAGO – The legacy of public housing is one of the strangest forces of karma in the City of Chicago. For example, sites that were once some of the roughest and most neglected housing for the poor now contain luxury condos. It is the people of those former hellholes that still remember the sorrowful history of what they once called home. The American Theater Company (ATC) have gathered these stories for the poignant and extraordinary “The Projects.”
Slideshow: Red-Carpet Portraits of ‘Divergent’ Stars Shailene Woodley, Theo James
CHICAGO – The numbers are in and the new film “Divergent” – based on the popular novel by Veronica Roth – had the second best opening of 2014, with $56 million at the box office. On March 4th, 2014, photographer Joe Arce of HollywoodChicago.com was at the Red Carpet Chicago premiere, and captured Exclusive Red-Carpet Portraits of cast members Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Amy Newbold, and Ansel Elgort, in addition to the Chicago-based author Veronica Roth.
HollywoodChicago.com also was there with a video overview of the event. Click “Next” and “Previous” to scan through the slideshow or jump directly to individual photos with the captioned links below. All images © Joe Arce of Starstruck Foto for HollywoodChicago.com.
- DIVERGENT1: Shailene Woodley portrays Tris in ‘Divergent.’
- DIVERGENT2: Theo James portrays Four in ‘Divergent.’
- DIVERGENT3: Ansel Elgort portrays Caleb in ‘Divergent.’
- DIVERGENT4: Amy Newbold portrays Molly in ‘Divergent.’
- DIVERGENT5: Shailene Woodley and Theo James on the Red Carpet, Chicago, March 4th.
- DIVERGENT6: Chicago author Veronica Roth wrote the novel ‘Divergent.’