CHICAGO - Look past the cheesy carbs and b-boy poses, this shiny mo-cap reboot of cartoon juggernaut “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” offers slick entertainment that makes for a welcome surprise for middle school fare. Proving that executive producer Michael Bay has both grown up but it still frightfully in tune with what jazzes teens, this surprise box office hit is indeed a nice slice of a blockbuster spectacle, whether or not a viewer cares about the turtles or not.
Slideshow: Red-Carpet Portraits of ‘Divergent’ Stars Shailene Woodley, Theo James
CHICAGO – The numbers are in and the new film “Divergent” – based on the popular novel by Veronica Roth – had the second best opening of 2014, with $56 million at the box office. On March 4th, 2014, photographer Joe Arce of HollywoodChicago.com was at the Red Carpet Chicago premiere, and captured Exclusive Red-Carpet Portraits of cast members Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Amy Newbold, and Ansel Elgort, in addition to the Chicago-based author Veronica Roth.
HollywoodChicago.com also was there with a video overview of the event. Click “Next” and “Previous” to scan through the slideshow or jump directly to individual photos with the captioned links below. All images © Joe Arce of Starstruck Foto for HollywoodChicago.com.
- DIVERGENT1: Shailene Woodley portrays Tris in ‘Divergent.’
- DIVERGENT2: Theo James portrays Four in ‘Divergent.’
- DIVERGENT3: Ansel Elgort portrays Caleb in ‘Divergent.’
- DIVERGENT4: Amy Newbold portrays Molly in ‘Divergent.’
- DIVERGENT5: Shailene Woodley and Theo James on the Red Carpet, Chicago, March 4th.
- DIVERGENT6: Chicago author Veronica Roth wrote the novel ‘Divergent.’