CHICAGO – The issue of gender identity, especially for those who are born with a vagueness as to what to call themselves between/beyond boy and girl, has come front and center in the U.S., both with the legalization of gay marriage and the callous repudiation of identity by trying to pass laws dismissing it (the North Carolina “bathroom” laws). The performance companies of The Living Canvas and Nothing Without a Company is currently staging “[Trans]formation,” which presents gender identity art by six performers, who perform most of the play in the nude.
Slideshow: Red-Carpet Portraits of ‘Divergent’ Stars Shailene Woodley, Theo James
CHICAGO – The numbers are in and the new film “Divergent” – based on the popular novel by Veronica Roth – had the second best opening of 2014, with $56 million at the box office. On March 4th, 2014, photographer Joe Arce of HollywoodChicago.com was at the Red Carpet Chicago premiere, and captured Exclusive Red-Carpet Portraits of cast members Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Amy Newbold, and Ansel Elgort, in addition to the Chicago-based author Veronica Roth.
HollywoodChicago.com also was there with a video overview of the event. Click “Next” and “Previous” to scan through the slideshow or jump directly to individual photos with the captioned links below. All images © Joe Arce of Starstruck Foto for HollywoodChicago.com.
- DIVERGENT1: Shailene Woodley portrays Tris in ‘Divergent.’
- DIVERGENT2: Theo James portrays Four in ‘Divergent.’
- DIVERGENT3: Ansel Elgort portrays Caleb in ‘Divergent.’
- DIVERGENT4: Amy Newbold portrays Molly in ‘Divergent.’
- DIVERGENT5: Shailene Woodley and Theo James on the Red Carpet, Chicago, March 4th.
- DIVERGENT6: Chicago author Veronica Roth wrote the novel ‘Divergent.’