Looming over “Bad Words” is the potential it could have had, as is, were it released ten years ago. With its focus of R-rated behavior poking at the projected innocence of children, along with the couple of chromosomes that keep Bateman’s Trilby from being a Vince Vaughn character, this movie is certainly a product of the comedies that have sculpted out the manchild story in the past decade.
Slideshow: Red-Carpet Portraits of ‘Divergent’ Stars Shailene Woodley, Theo James
CHICAGO – The numbers are in and the new film “Divergent” – based on the popular novel by Veronica Roth – had the second best opening of 2014, with $56 million at the box office. On March 4th, 2014, photographer Joe Arce of HollywoodChicago.com was at the Red Carpet Chicago premiere, and captured Exclusive Red-Carpet Portraits of cast members Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Amy Newbold, and Ansel Elgort, in addition to the Chicago-based author Veronica Roth.
HollywoodChicago.com also was there with a video overview of the event. Click “Next” and “Previous” to scan through the slideshow or jump directly to individual photos with the captioned links below. All images © Joe Arce of Starstruck Foto for HollywoodChicago.com.
- DIVERGENT1: Shailene Woodley portrays Tris in ‘Divergent.’
- DIVERGENT2: Theo James portrays Four in ‘Divergent.’
- DIVERGENT3: Ansel Elgort portrays Caleb in ‘Divergent.’
- DIVERGENT4: Amy Newbold portrays Molly in ‘Divergent.’
- DIVERGENT5: Shailene Woodley and Theo James on the Red Carpet, Chicago, March 4th.
- DIVERGENT6: Chicago author Veronica Roth wrote the novel ‘Divergent.’