CHICAGO – The issue of gender identity, especially for those who are born with a vagueness as to what to call themselves between/beyond boy and girl, has come front and center in the U.S., both with the legalization of gay marriage and the callous repudiation of identity by trying to pass laws dismissing it (the North Carolina “bathroom” laws). The performance companies of The Living Canvas and Nothing Without a Company is currently staging “[Trans]formation,” which presents gender identity art by six performers, who perform most of the play in the nude.
Slideshow: Women in Film Chicago 2014 Kick-Off Party
CHICAGO – For over 30 years, Women in Film has been building a global community of film, television, advertising, digital and on-screen media professionals. The Chicago chapter is a vibrant part of that community, and on January 23rd Women in Film Chicago began the new year with their 2014 Kick-Off Party.
The event took place at Leviathan Studios in Chicago, in the Near Loop West Side neighborhood. HollywoodChicago.com was there to capture the atmosphere and people at the Women in Film Chicago 2014 Kick-Off Party. Click “Next” and “Previous” to scan through the slideshow or jump directly to individual photos with the captioned links below. All images photographed by Patrick McDonald for HollywoodChicago.com.
- WOMENFILM1: Women in Film Chicago 2014 Kick-Off Party at Leviathan.
- WOMENFILM2: Women in Film Chicago provides a dynamic networking community.
- WOMENFILM3: Women in Film Chicago is a contributor to all major production in the city.
- WOMENFILM4: Executive Production and Creative Partners at Leviathan.
- WOMENFILM5: Music was part of the ambience at the Women in Film Chicago Event.
- WOMENFILM6: Women in Film Chicago provides mentoring for emerging talent.
- WOMENFILM7: Leviathan Studios produces broadcast animation and experimental design.
- WOMENFILM8: Women in Film has over 6800 U.S. members, 12.000 internationally.
- WOMENFILM9: Women in Film Chicago promotes professional advancement.