CHICAGO – The awesomeness of history loses any of its stuffiness with the incredibly fun, indeed educational show “Drunk History” from Comedy Central, its two seasons now released on DVD. Hosted by its creator Derek Waters, the show is a celebration of various historic figures and their under-appreciated true tales, as expressed by funny people narrating in the universal language of inebriation; their recounts are then reenacted by famous actors working with their given dialogue, dressed with the comic cheapness of a bloated biopic.
Slideshow: Women in Film Chicago 2014 Kick-Off Party
CHICAGO – For over 30 years, Women in Film has been building a global community of film, television, advertising, digital and on-screen media professionals. The Chicago chapter is a vibrant part of that community, and on January 23rd Women in Film Chicago began the new year with their 2014 Kick-Off Party.
The event took place at Leviathan Studios in Chicago, in the Near Loop West Side neighborhood. HollywoodChicago.com was there to capture the atmosphere and people at the Women in Film Chicago 2014 Kick-Off Party. Click “Next” and “Previous” to scan through the slideshow or jump directly to individual photos with the captioned links below. All images photographed by Patrick McDonald for HollywoodChicago.com.
- WOMENFILM1: Women in Film Chicago 2014 Kick-Off Party at Leviathan.
- WOMENFILM2: Women in Film Chicago provides a dynamic networking community.
- WOMENFILM3: Women in Film Chicago is a contributor to all major production in the city.
- WOMENFILM4: Executive Production and Creative Partners at Leviathan.
- WOMENFILM5: Music was part of the ambience at the Women in Film Chicago Event.
- WOMENFILM6: Women in Film Chicago provides mentoring for emerging talent.
- WOMENFILM7: Leviathan Studios produces broadcast animation and experimental design.
- WOMENFILM8: Women in Film has over 6800 U.S. members, 12.000 internationally.
- WOMENFILM9: Women in Film Chicago promotes professional advancement.