CHICAGO – It is the simple, timeless stories that work best when they are mounted again on Broadway, and the musical “Pippin” stays true to that assertion. Taking the concepts and the songs from a play that debuted in 1972, and featuring one of those original cast members in a key role, the National Touring revival of “Pippin” is being performed in Chicago at the Cadillac Theatre until August 9th, 2015.
Slideshow: 9-Photo First Look on ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Set
CHICAGO – Summer is continuing to heat up in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, as the first images of on-set filming for the highly anticipated “The Dark Knight Rises” has emerged. The third film after “Batman Begins” and “The Dark Knight” again features Christian Bale as The Batman and is directed by Christopher Nolan.
Returning with Bale on this film are Liam Neeson as Ra’s Al Ghul, Gary Oldman as Commissioner Gordon, Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox and Michael Caine as ever-faithful butler Alfred Pennyworth. New members of the cast included Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake and Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate. Filming will continue in Pittsburgh throughout the summer.
Click “Next” and “Previous” to scan through the slideshow or jump directly to individual photos with the captioned links below. All photos are by Jared Wickerham for Getty Images.
- TDKR1: Christian Bale as The Batman in ‘The Dark Knight Rises’
- TDKR2: Bale fights the villain named Bane, played by Tom Hardy.
- TDKR3: Marion Cotillard joins the cast of ‘The Dark Knight Rises’
- TDKR4: Director Christopher Nolan frames the shot in “The Dark Knight Rises’
- TDKR5: One of the many Batmobiles on the set.
- TDKR6: Bale and Hardy again slug it out in ‘The Dark Knight Rises’
- TDKR7: Tom Hardy as Bane, said to be the main villain in ‘The Dark Knight Rises’
- TDKR8: The Batman’s motorcycle, which may be in violation of parking ordinances.
- TDKR9: Marion Cotillard again is seen on set in ‘The Dark Knight Rises’