CHICAGO – The issue of gender identity, especially for those who are born with a vagueness as to what to call themselves between/beyond boy and girl, has come front and center in the U.S., both with the legalization of gay marriage and the callous repudiation of identity by trying to pass laws dismissing it (the North Carolina “bathroom” laws). The performance companies of The Living Canvas and Nothing Without a Company is currently staging “[Trans]formation,” which presents gender identity art by six performers, who perform most of the play in the nude.
Slideshow: 23-Image Photo Gallery of ‘Dinner for Schmucks’
CHICAGO – Summer comedy gets a stellar cast and lots of laughs in the new film “Dinner for Schmucks,” starring Steve Carrell, Paul Rudd, Zach Galifianakis, Jemaine Clement, Bruce Greenwood and Kristen Schaal. Directed by Jay Roach (”Meet the Parents”), this fun film is a mixture of absurd characters and hilarious situations.
Paul Rudd plays a financial analysis named Tim who wants to climb the corporate ladder in his company. One of the requirements for that promotion is to provide a “schmuck” or “idiot” for his boss’s dinner party, a collection of weirdos designed to entertain and out-do his co-workers. Steve Carrell plays Barry, the candidate for the dinner that Tim literally runs into.
Click “Next” and “Previous to scan through the slideshow or jump directly to individual photos with the captioned links below. All images Merie Weismiller Wallace/DW Studios for © 2010 DW Studios LLC.
- Dinner1: Steve Carrell is Barry and Paul Rudd is Tim in ‘Dinner for Schmucks.’
- Dinner2: Steve Carrell as Barry shows off his art.
- Dinner3: Barry (Steve Carrell) and Tim (Paul Rudd) in transit.
- Dinner4: Lucy Davenport as Birgit and David Williams as Mueller in ‘Dinner for Schmucks.’
- Dinner5: Lucy Punch is Daria, Paul Rudd is Tim and Stephanie Szostak is Julie.
- Dinner6: Steve Carrell and Paul Rudd contemplate entry in ‘Dinner for Schmucks.’
- Dinner7: Steve Carrell as Barry and Jemaine Clement as Kieran in ‘Dinner for Schmucks.’
- Dinner8: Steve Carrell and Paul Rudd.
- Dinner9: Director Jay Roach in ‘Dinner for Schmucks.’
- Dinner10: Director Jay Roach, Paul Rudd and Steve Carrell on set in ‘Dinner for Schmucks.’
- Dinner11: Stephanie Szostak as Julie and Paul Rudd as Tim in ‘Dinner for Schmucks.’
- Dinner12: Steve Carrell and friend set the table.
- Dinner13: Ron Livingston as Caldwell and Rick Overton as Chuck the Beard Champion in ‘Dinner for Schmucks.’
- Dinner14: Supper time in ‘Dinner for Schmucks.’
- Dinner15: Paul Rudd as Tim and Jeff Durham as Lewis the Ventriloquist in ‘Dinner for Schmucks.’
- Dinner16: David Williams as Mueller and Bruce Greenwood as Lance Fender in ‘Dinner for Schmucks.’
- Dinner17: Steve Carrell as Barry displays his fine art.
- Dinner18: Steve Carrell and Paul Rudd share a laugh in ‘Dinner for Schmucks.’
- Dinner19: Ron Livingston as Caldwell, David Williams as Mueller, Bruce Greenwood as Lance Fender and Larry Wilmore as Williams
- Dinner20: The ‘Idiots’ react in ‘Dinner for Schmucks.’
- Dinner21: Christopher O’Dowd as Marco the Blind Swordsman and Zach Galifianakis as Therman in ‘Dinner for Schmucks.’
- Dinner22: Paul Rudd as Tim raises a point.
- Dinner23: Paul Rudd as Tim raises a glass in ‘Dinner for Schmucks.’