CHICAGO – “Drinking Buddies” director Joe Swanberg’s latest release of the same star wattage is “Happy Christmas,” an even lower-fi story than the Olivia Wilde beer comedy, steered even more by the casting that it was able to assemble. However, with this movie Swanberg doesn’t so much worry about having a story that could be confused with a more mainstream romantic comedy if it were to have a bigger budget.
Maggie Gyllenhaal Wants to Hear From Readers of HollywoodChicago.com For Friday’s ‘LIVE! with Regis and Kelly’!
CHICAGO – Just as the actors would be no one without their fans, HollywoodChicago.com wouldn’t exist without our loyal readers. As a way to say thanks, today we’re bringing you an opportunity to communicate with one of Hollywood’s hottest stars! It’s unlike anything you’ve experienced elsewhere!
And it’s fitting to present this experience to you with Maggie Gyllenhaal of “The Dark Knight” fame because it’s that same blockbuster film on which HollywoodChicago.com’s local coverage gained widespread awareness a couple years ago.
Maggie Gyllenhaal, who has recently been nominated for an Oscar in the best supporting actress category for “Crazy Heart” with Jeff Bridges, will be on “LIVE! with Regis and Kelly” early this Friday morning on ABC. Maggie will be having a conversation about her latest role and life as it is today. If you could, what would you ask her?
Image credit: ABC
Maggie Gyllenhaal has starred in “Crazy Heart,” “Away We Go,” “The Dark Knight,” “Stranger Than Fiction,” “World Trade Center,” “Monster House,” “Criminals,” “Strip Search,” “Mona Lisa Smile,” “Adaptation,” “Confessions of a Dangerous Mind,” “40 Days and 40 Nights,” “Secretary,” “Riding in Cars With Boys,” “Donnie Darko” and more.
Do you have a burning answer to one of the questions below for Maggie? Don’t delay! Time is short. Pick one of the five questions below and make your answer memorable! Some of the best answers will be read on the air!
- What is your favorite role of Maggie’s thus far? Is it Chicago’s own Gotham prosecutor Rachel Dawes in “The Dark Knight” or was it her evil-lascivious turn in the independent thriller “Secretary” that impressed you more?
- In “Crazy Heart,” Maggie plays journalist Jean Craddock: a woman who becomes romantically involved with an older man. With this 30-year difference in age comes some complications. Maggie has said: “It’s difficult for a relationship with such a gap to be healthy, but it happens all the time.”
How do relationships have challenges that are inherent in their very fabric? How much is this stigma of age relevant to an honest discussion about love?
- As she has a wide body of work, what two roles would you compare and contrast? Will she ever work with husband Peter Sarsgaard or brother Jake Gyllenhaal?
- Maggie has said: “We’ve traveled around a lot with Ramona (our toddler). While there are some wonderful things about that, what a young child really wants is stability and routine. She wants a sense of home. We’ve been trying to protect that and it’s one of our biggest challenges.”
What are the fun things you do to keep your family grounded and connected to each another when much of our modern lives are spent communing, traveling and sometimes relocating entirely?
- In 2007, Maggie wore Proenza Scholer to the 79th Academy Awards. In 2008, she wore a black and blue Zac Posen gown. In 2009, she wore a risky spot-print Lanvin dress to the Golden Globes. In 2010, Maggie wore Roulin Mouret to the Golden Globes and a Lanvin silk halter gown to the “Crazy Heart” premiere.
As the Oscars are less than a month away, the red carpet is looming in Maggie’s future again because of her “Crazy Heart” nomination. What should she wear? What are your favorite dresses of hers? She’s obviously a risk taker who likes exploring a wide variety of styles.
Speak up, HollywoodChicago.com readers!
If you want inspiration for how you’d like to pick Maggie’s brain on Friday’s broadcast, we present to you three beautiful red-carpet images sporting the creations of various designers! Maggie Gyllenhaal will be checking out this very page herself to follow the HollywoodChicago.com discussion between Wednesday and Friday of this week, so submit your burning answer for her now!