Shakespeare's gripping comedy 'The Merchant of Venice' at Chicago's Heartland Studio Theatre

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly versionE-mail page to friendE-mail page to friendPDF versionPDF version
No votes yet

Shakespeare’s gripping comedy “The Merchant of Venice”
Heartland Studio Theatre
7016 N. Glenwood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60626
Half price! $10

In this interpretation of William Shakespeare’s famous comedy “The Merchant of Venice,” the Bohemian Theatre Ensemble in Chicago tackles one of the legendary playwright’s most complicated and compelling stories. A rich, Venetian merchant owes loot to a ruthless lender all while courting a clever lass named Portia. Click here for half-price tickets!

nyc comedy clubs's picture

this is such a great show. i

this is such a great show. i just loved it.

Menexis Merchant's picture

I missed the “The Merchant

I missed the “The Merchant of Venice” last year when it was playing. This year I’ve yet to hear anything about it…

User Login

Free Giveaway Mailing

TV, DVD, BLU-RAY & THEATER REVIEWS

• Manhunt

CHICAGO – Patrick McDonald of HollywoodChicago.com appears on “The Morning Mess” with Dan Baker on WBGR-FM (Monroe, Wisconsin) on March 21st, 2024, reviewing the new streaming series “Manhunt” – based on the bestseller by James L. Swanson – currently streaming on Apple TV+.

• Topdog/Underdog, Invictus Theatre

CHICAGO – When two brothers confront the sins of each other and it expands into a psychology of an entire race, it’s at a stage play found in Chicago’s Invictus Theatre Company production of “Topdog/Underdog,” now at their new home at the Windy City Playhouse through March 31st, 2024. Click TD/UD for tickets/info.

Advertisement

HollywoodChicago.com on Twitter

archive

HollywoodChicago.com Top Ten Discussions
referendum
tracker