New viral marketing text message comes from Joker for 'The Dark Knight' on March 26, 2008

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly versionE-mail page to friendE-mail page to friendPDF versionPDF version
No votes yet

At 11:42 a.m. on March 26, 2008, longtime HollywoodChicago.com source Vlkers54 informed us of a yet another new viral marketing text message from the Joker at recruiting@rent-a-clown.com:

Hey Adam!!!! New text from the Joker! I will keep you updated and make Chicago proud…

The Joker wrote:
Hey clown! Long time, no crime spree! Well, put on your floppy shoes and answer this question: are you ready to get to work? (ReplyY/N)

~ Vlkers54

Our previous “The Dark Knight” news coverage can be read here!

AttachmentSize
ibihd_32608.jpg252.38 KB
dana_worthington.jpg121.78 KB
harveydent_forda.jpg42.5 KB
thegothamtimes_full.jpg320.16 KB
HollywoodChicago.com's picture

New edition of The Gotham Times

I’ve made a screenshot of the new edition of The Gotham Times at http://www.thegothamtimes.com. See below. A larger version of this image is here. Click here to read page two, three and four of the new edition.

The Gotham Times, The Dark Knight

New official e-mail from IBelieveInHarveyDent.com

I just received the following official “The Dark Knight” e-mail from takebackourcity@ibelieveinharveydent.com:

IBelieveInHarveyDent.com, The Dark Knight, Aaron Eckhart, Harvey Dent

We did it! Harvey Dent has officially announced he’s running for Gotham District Attorney! And it’s all because of you — your support.

Your rallies, your petition drives, your videos, your enthusiasm. The Dentmobile brought our message of change for Gotham City to every neighborhood. But it was your energy that brought a message of support to Harvey Dent himself.

And he heard you. Harvey Dent heard the fierce desire all of you have for change in Gotham. And that’s why, today, Harvey Dent announced that he’s running for Gotham DA.

Now, the real battle begins. We all must join together to make sure that Harvey Dent gets the chance to take back Gotham City from crime and corruption.

Talk to your neighbors, your friends, your coworkers. Tell them why Harvey Dent is the one man who can save Gotham.

And keep on checking www.ibelieveinharveydent.com for news of the race.
Harvey Dent thanks you all. With your help, we can take back Gotham.

Sincerely,
Allan Cypes
Media Manager, Harvey Dent for Gotham DA

DANmccarrin's picture

dark knight

have you seen www.thegothamtimes.com lately? it a new issue…

DANmccarrin's picture

the phone numbers...

OK so I was showing a friend the viral marketing for the dark knight.
I have some phone #s in my cell. (there are more i know)
1)Rossi’s deli and gill - 18662396643
2)Gotham Victim Advocate Foundation - 18662376314
3)Acme security systems - 18662376425
4)Gotham cabs - 18775302227
FYI Gotham cabs website www.gothamcab.com was updated two days ago.
They went out of business well the message when you call changed too.
But that’s not it.
(using the #s from above for the companies phones)
1)the phone shuts off automatically
2)the phone shuts off automatically
3)the phone shuts off automatically
4)the message pays three times asking for administrators to dial their # or leave a message.
Well you can’t leave a message but maybe type a number.
So if any one can crack this code I would be happy.
Thanks and your welcome!

Jeremy's picture

Gotham cabs number

The pin code you enter after it tell s you to leave a message is 6773#. Once you have entered this you will hear a message.

More viral sites are popping up on March 26, 2008

More viral sites are popping up on March 26, 2008. We also have:

* MadisonAvenueReport.com
* CitizensForBatman.org
* GothamCableNews.com
* RossisDelicatessen.com
* ScrewHarveyDent.com
* GothamOnGotham.com
* HarveyDentsAnAsshole.com

When you join at CitizensForBatman.org by e-mailing join@citizensforbatman.org, you receive the following response.

Dear Gotham Citizen,

Thanks for expressing your interest in joining Citizens for Batman. The
easiest way you can join is by attending a meeting. Check the web site
for meeting times. If you can’t attend, you can always lobby City Hall
to support Batman and stop any talk of his being arrested.

Looking forward to seeing you,
Brian Douglass
Founder and President, Citizens for Batman

New viral site launches: DanaWorthington.com

We have learned that a new viral site has just launched for “The Dark Knight” at DanaWorthington.com. A screenshot is below.

DanaWorthington.com for The Dark Knight

The following text is on the new site’s main page:

An Open Letter to the Citizens of Gotham City

Gotham is once again faced with challenges. The Narrows attack and the subsequent violence have exposed more than a corrupt police department and an aging infrastructure. It has revealed a Gotham City divided between rich and poor. Garcetti represents status quo. Garcetti asks us to trust him. Trust Garcetti? His record speaks for itself.

Harvey Dent has taken a stand against police corruption but how much of Dent’s efforts are about promoting Harvey Dent? Harvey Dent is a politician.

In my work as a Gotham’s Victim Advocate, it’s become very clear to me that no one is speaking for the majority of Gotham’s citizens. Yes, corruption is a problem. But unless we have a new vision of Gotham, a city where everyone has the same safety and opportunity, nothing is going to change.

Dana Worthington, The Dark KnightGarcetti stand for status quo. Dent stands for power. I stand for you.

WHO WILL SPEAK FOR YOU?

If it’s not obvious or hasn’t been simply stated, Dana Worthington is running against Harvey Dent (played by Aaron Eckhart) for district attorney. More about this electoral campaign can be found in our news section here. When you e-mail Dana Worthington at contact@danaworthington.com, you get this response:

Thank you for your interest in my campaign. We are a small and independent operation, and we can’t answer all emails personally, but your support is important to me.

Your email will be read. Your vote will count.
Who will represent you?
I will represent you.

Dana Worthington for District Attorney

Another new Joker text message on March 26, 2008

Another one!!!

The Joker wrote:
Glad to see you’re still alive and kicking. I’ll be in touch before Poisson d’Avril.

I believe that’s the 1st of April…April Fools Day. Yes? Confirm? I’m horrible at French!!!

~ Vlkers54

Indeed, “poisson d’Avril” means “April fish” in French. Wikipedia says: “In some countries, April Fools’ jokes are only made before noon on April 1.” Also, Vlkers54 wrote back in to say the following about this: “French children sometimes tape a picture of a fish on the back of their schoolmates, crying ‘poisson d’Avril’ when the prank is discovered.”

IBelieveInHarveyDent.com updates on March 26, 2008

Also, “The Dark Knight” viral site IBelieveInHarveyDent.com has updated with a new look. I’ve created a snapshot of the new site below.

IBelieveInHarveyDent.com on March 26, 2008 for The Dark Knight

You can see what IBelieveInHarveyDent.com looked like in our last snapshot of the site on March 7, 2008 by going here. I also have it below.

IBelieveInHarveyDent.com on March 7, 2008 for The Dark Knight

Anonymous's picture

check it

check it

http://gothamongotham.com/

http://screwharveydent.com

http://harveydentsana$$hole.com/

ofcourse replace the $$ with ss

User Login

Free Giveaway Mailing

TV, DVD, BLU-RAY & THEATER REVIEWS

• Manhunt

CHICAGO – Patrick McDonald of HollywoodChicago.com appears on “The Morning Mess” with Dan Baker on WBGR-FM (Monroe, Wisconsin) on March 21st, 2024, reviewing the new streaming series “Manhunt” – based on the bestseller by James L. Swanson – currently streaming on Apple TV+.

• Topdog/Underdog, Invictus Theatre

CHICAGO – When two brothers confront the sins of each other and it expands into a psychology of an entire race, it’s at a stage play found in Chicago’s Invictus Theatre Company production of “Topdog/Underdog,” now at their new home at the Windy City Playhouse through March 31st, 2024. Click TD/UD for tickets/info.

Advertisement

HollywoodChicago.com on Twitter

archive

HollywoodChicago.com Top Ten Discussions
tracker