Photo of soon-to-be-filmed John Dillinger jail for 'Public Enemies' with Christian Bale, Johnny Depp

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly versionE-mail page to friendE-mail page to friendPDF versionPDF version
No votes yet

The following photo was submitted to HollywoodChicago.com by Jeremy Farmer on March 24, 2008 with this caption:

This is the jail John Dillinger escaped from in 1934. This is soon to be used in filming for the new film “Public Enemies” with Christian Bale and Johnny Depp. The front was the residence of the sheriff. The jail is in back.

Public Enemies

AttachmentSize
publicenemies.jpg286.82 KB
fox_publicenemies.jpg46.28 KB
dave85ace's picture

Filming: two nights

I received a notice on my apartment door that they will be filming in the alley behind my apartment building. It is the alley between Cornelia to the North and NewPort to the South, close to the Sheffield Intersection. There will be no parking on Cornelia from Wilton to Sheffield, no driving (local access only) on Newport, and limited traffic on clark street and Sheffield.

This is scheduled for the evening of April 1st, from 7:00pm - 5:00am, and April 2nd, from 7:00pm - 5:00am. Hope this helps.

poohlvr22's picture

any new info on

any new info on filming locations?

Leigh's picture

'Public Enemies' crew dining at Cousin’s Restaurant

I heard a rumor that he and the crew may be dining at Cousin’s Restaurant on Broadway and Diversey! A “party of fifty” is supposed to be there tonight (March 27), and they think it’s them, but the ones making the reservations didn’t say, or rather refused to say. A “close friend” works there and this is what I was told…. Not one to start rumors, but it would be cool if it were them! I’ll know by tonight if the friend goes in and sends a text.

taylor's picture

March 27, 2008 'Public Enemies' filming

Hey if u read this by today or tomorrow. they are filming on my block today and tomorrow from 6pm to 6am. Its on the corner of Sheridan and Surf at 425 W. Surf

HollywoodChicago.com's picture

3/24/08 FOX Chicago video news coverage in Crown Point, Ind.

Our colleague at FOX Chicago just sent us fresh video news coverage of “Public Enemies” filming in Crown Point, Ind. Click the image below for the full video! This coverage was published by FOX Chicago on March 24, 2008 along with this text:

It’s time for lights, cameras and action in Crown Point, Ind. Hollywood crews and stars are in town shooting a movie that’s brought a lot of excitement to the town. But as Darlene Hill reports, some business owners say they ready for a wrap.

March 24, 2008 FOX Chicago news report of Public Enemies filming in Crown Point, Ind.

New photos of Johnny Depp as John Dillinger in 'Public Enemies'

Another thread was just started with new photos of Johnny Depp as John Dillinger in “Public Enemies”. See here!

March 21, 2008 story: 'Depp film expected to shoot in Lake Co.'

The Associated Press reported the following on March 21, 2008 about “Public Enemies”:

CROWN POINT, Ind. — Officials are keeping quiet about the possibility that filming for a movie starring Johnny Depp as bank robber John Dillinger could start in the city as early as this weekend.

The city’s Board of Public Works and Safety voted Thursday to approve an agreement between Mayor David Uran and Universal Studios that runs from Saturday through March 29.

After months of keeping information about the filming for “Public Enemies” under wraps, Uran still held back Thursday when he told the board that Universal “might come into the city for filming.”

Click here to read the full AP story.

User Login

Free Giveaway Mailing

TV, DVD, BLU-RAY & THEATER REVIEWS

• Manhunt

CHICAGO – Patrick McDonald of HollywoodChicago.com appears on “The Morning Mess” with Dan Baker on WBGR-FM (Monroe, Wisconsin) on March 21st, 2024, reviewing the new streaming series “Manhunt” – based on the bestseller by James L. Swanson – currently streaming on Apple TV+.

• Topdog/Underdog, Invictus Theatre

CHICAGO – When two brothers confront the sins of each other and it expands into a psychology of an entire race, it’s at a stage play found in Chicago’s Invictus Theatre Company production of “Topdog/Underdog,” now at their new home at the Windy City Playhouse through March 31st, 2024. Click TD/UD for tickets/info.

Advertisement

HollywoodChicago.com on Twitter

archive

HollywoodChicago.com Top Ten Discussions
referendum
tracker