Ellen Page Drops Out of Sam Raimi’s Drag Me to Hell

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly versionE-mail page to friendE-mail page to friendPDF versionPDF version
No votes yet

Just in from /Film:

Ellen Page

The horror genre’s nasty feud with Oscar nominees continues, as Juno star Ellen Page has pulled out out of the dark place that is director Sam Raimi’s upcoming horror-thriller Drag Me to Hell. Bloody Disgusting reports that the sweet tart wasn’t happy over the latest draft of the script, which was written by Raimi and his brother Ivan Raimi, but they speculate that this is really “Oscar cold feet.” Page came aboard the film earlier this month.

Click here to read the full /Film report.

HollywoodChicago.com's picture

Alison Lohman to replace Ellen Page in Raimi's 'Drag Me to Hell'

Now that Ellen Page is out of Sam Raimi’s “Drag Me to Hell,” new news has just surfaced that Alison Lohman has taken Page’s place. /Film writes:

Alison Lohman

Blonds tells fewer blog jokes, it’s a fact, so maybe director Sam Raimi is onto something by casting actress Alison Lohman (Beowulf, Flicka) in the lead role formerly occupied by Ellen Page (Juno) in his upcoming horror thriller Drag Me to Hell.

Click here to read the full /Film report.

HollywoodChicago.com's picture

Ellen Page is still in the upcoming new film 'Smart People'

Ellen Page is still in the upcoming new film “Smart People”. I saw the trailer for the film on Thursday night before “City of Men”.

Along with Page, the film also features Dennis Quaid, Sarah Jessica Parker and Thomas Haden Church. Here’s the plotline: “Into the life of a widowed professor comes a new love and an unexpected visit from his adopted brother.”

I was underwhelmed from the trailer, but we’ll see. I’ve embedded the trailer for “Smart People” below. It’s missing Diablo Cody’s punchy writing.

User Login

Free Giveaway Mailing

TV, DVD, BLU-RAY & THEATER REVIEWS

• Manhunt

CHICAGO – Patrick McDonald of HollywoodChicago.com appears on “The Morning Mess” with Dan Baker on WBGR-FM (Monroe, Wisconsin) on March 21st, 2024, reviewing the new streaming series “Manhunt” – based on the bestseller by James L. Swanson – currently streaming on Apple TV+.

• Topdog/Underdog, Invictus Theatre

CHICAGO – When two brothers confront the sins of each other and it expands into a psychology of an entire race, it’s at a stage play found in Chicago’s Invictus Theatre Company production of “Topdog/Underdog,” now at their new home at the Windy City Playhouse through March 31st, 2024. Click TD/UD for tickets/info.

Advertisement

HollywoodChicago.com on Twitter

archive

HollywoodChicago.com Top Ten Discussions
referendum
tracker