Breaking: Johnny Depp, Jude Law, Colin Farrell to pay tribute to Heath Ledger in 'Dr. Parnassus'

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly versionE-mail page to friendE-mail page to friendPDF versionPDF version
No votes yet

Just in from /Film, which is citing AICN:

Heath Ledger

All of the rumors, concerns and speculation regarding how Heath Ledger’s unfortunate passing would be addressed in director Terry Gilliam’s The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, in which Ledger had a major role, can now cease. AICN is reporting that three actors will pay tribute by filling in the remainder of Ledger’s performance (to me, this conjures Bob Dylan and I’m Not There), and those actors are…

Johnny Depp
Johnny Depp

Jude Law
Jude Law

Colin Farrell
Colin Farrell

In the film, Ledger’s character reportedly falls through a “magical mirror” into an alternate reality, and thus the caveat of these three actors’ interpretations is further supported. But even sans that plot point, this could turn out to be a quite inspiring and tasteful send off to the young actor.

HollywoodChicago.com's picture

Take on this from Hollywood Elsewhere's Jeffrey Wells

Jeffrey Wells at Hollywood Elsewhere just inked his brief take on this:

The idea of Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell and Jude Law co-performing or additionally playing Heath Ledger’s character in Terry Gilliam’s The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus is a noble gesture on the part of the actors. Admirable, compassionate. It’s going to result in a slightly confusing narrative, but Gilliam’s films unfold that way regardless so no harm done.

Click here to read the full Hollywood Elsewhere report…

Dustin's picture

Ultimate Warrior also payed tribute

http://deadspin.com/348430/the-ultimate-warrior-likes-all-but-one-of-hea…

From the article:

By today’s standard, though, I do have to agree that he was a great father. Perhaps even greater then the father of the year, Hulk Hogan. After all, Leather Hedger did what it took to kill himself. His kid is without a father, yes, but the negative influence is now removed and his own child has the chance for a full recovery.

PatrickMcD's picture

Breaking the curse?

Referencing my earlier post about the curse of director Terry Gilliam, this could be the breakthrough that venerates him for all time.

Hank’s in a band! www.myspace.com/thetelepaths

HollywoodChicago.com's picture

Amen

But what do you think about these three choices as opposed to other ones? Do you think these three feel like the right fit or would you swap out someone for someone else?

PatrickMcD's picture

They Are Coming Through

I just saw Jude and Colin in the Woody Allen film, they played off each other grandly. As for Depp, he loves Terry Gilliam, he was on the ill-fated Don Quixote project. It looks like they are both going after curse lifting!

They will make it work, to quote Tim Gunn.

Hank’s in a band! www.myspace.com/thetelepaths

User Login

Free Giveaway Mailing

TV, DVD, BLU-RAY & THEATER REVIEWS

• Manhunt

CHICAGO – Patrick McDonald of HollywoodChicago.com appears on “The Morning Mess” with Dan Baker on WBGR-FM (Monroe, Wisconsin) on March 21st, 2024, reviewing the new streaming series “Manhunt” – based on the bestseller by James L. Swanson – currently streaming on Apple TV+.

• Topdog/Underdog, Invictus Theatre

CHICAGO – When two brothers confront the sins of each other and it expands into a psychology of an entire race, it’s at a stage play found in Chicago’s Invictus Theatre Company production of “Topdog/Underdog,” now at their new home at the Windy City Playhouse through March 31st, 2024. Click TD/UD for tickets/info.

Advertisement

HollywoodChicago.com on Twitter

archive

HollywoodChicago.com Top Ten Discussions
tracker