- Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
- Typogrify.module brings the typographic refinements of Typogrify to Drupal.
- Wraps ampersands (the $ldquo;&” character) with <span class=\"amp\">&</span>.
- Prevents single words from wrapping onto their own line using Shaun Inman's Widont technique.
- Converts straight quotation marks to typographer's quotation marks, using SmartyPants.
- Converts multiple hyphens to en dashes and em dashes (according to your preferences), using SmartyPants.
- Wraps multiple capital letters with <span class=\"caps\">CAPS</span>.
- Wraps initial quotation marks with <span class=\"quo\"></span> or <span class=\"dquo\"></span>.
- Adds a css style sheet that uses the <span> tags to substitute a showy ampersand in headlines, switch caps to small caps, and hang initial quotation marks.
Quoted content can be placed between [quote] tags in order to be displayed as an indented quote. Every [quote] tag must have a corresponding [/quote] tag. For example:
[quote]This is a simple quote.[/quote]is displayed as:This is a simple quote.
Additionally, there is an optional attribute which allows quotes to specify the original author.
[quote=Mr. Drupal]This is a quote with an attribution line.[/quote]is displayed as:This is a quote with an attribution line.
Finally, multiple [quote] tags can be nested within one another. Just remember that every [quote] tag must have a corresponding [/quote] tag.
[quote]I think she says it best... [quote=Ms. Quotation]This is a quote nested within another quote.[/quote] but you can't argue with [quote=Ms. Reply]The more quotes, the merrier. Just don't get too carried away.[/quote] And I have nothing more to say.[/quote]is displayed as:I think she says it best...but you can't argue with This is a quote nested within another quote.And I have nothing more to say. The more quotes, the merrier. Just don't get too carried away.
Break long pages into smaller ones by means of a page tag:
First page here. <!--pagebreak--> Second page here. <!--pagebreak--> More pages here.
- Lines and paragraphs are automatically recognized. The <br /> line break, <p> paragraph and </p> close paragraph tags are inserted automatically. If paragraphs are not recognized simply add a couple blank lines.